04 May 2010

Naming names

No more suspense! The boy shall be known as

Elliot Vinzenz Wilhelm McDonald

Elliot is just a name we like.
McDonald is my last name.
Vinzenz (German version of Vincent) gives him a connection to Germany, and Wuppertal in particular. The reason is that an older lady who lives in our building misheard Quentin's name two years ago and has called him Vinzenz ever since.
Wilhelm, of course, is Birgit's father's name (and therefore is another connection to Germany).

I hope someone won some money on this deal!

2 Comments:

At Wed May 05, 02:41:00 PM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would not have figured that our little Elliot would have the other 2 names. I LIKE THEM; no I'll go further and say I love them. I can't wait to see him. I'll bet Willie is proud as a peacock to have one of his youngest "boy" named after him, you couldn't have chosen a finer person to name him after. love yo momma

 
At Tue May 18, 07:17:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I'm a little behind b/c I assumed we'd hear on Facebook. Welcome Elliot! We hope to get over there one of these days so our two can meet your two!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home